Requesting a New Website
What’s the process?
We’ll start with a meeting to introduce our team and talk about our process and your goals. It helps to have all stakeholders at this first meeting, since the sooner we determine all the guiding principles, the faster we can jump in and get started.
To prepare for the meeting, here are a few suggestions:
- No one knows your department better than you. Take a look at what your department’s priorities are, what your goals are, and review your current site to find out what you like and what you don’t. (We can help you analyze your existing site to highlight strengths and weaknesses as well.)
- Determine who can dedicate time and effort to the project. Tracking down content can be time-consuming, so it’s important to have an internal team ready to tackle the challenge.
- Take a look at what you already have. Instead of simply cutting and pasting, we strongly encourage you take the chance to review and rethink your content. When was the last time it was updated? Does it still reflect the department today?
- Start looking at your existing photography. Especially for departments with a very specialized focus, the best source of material can be your own archives.
Who does what?
That’s up to you! We understand that different groups have different priorities and resources. We can help you as much or as little as you need. Keep in mind that much of the content will come from you, but we’re here to assist with:
- Writing and editing
- Video interviews
- SEO (Search engine optimization - making sure your site gets the best possible rankings in google searches)
How do we get this started?
If you’re ready to get started, let us know! Use the form below to tell us a little about your needs and to schedule a meeting at your convenience.