Basic Distribution Training
In the Basic Distribution Training, we teach users how to manage content on basic pages so that it can be applied to the other content types. We describe in detail how to format text, add images, create galleries, write hyperlinks, add redirects, and arrange menu items. Additionally, a JIRA Training will also be included at the end for any users who will be web liaisons and will need to create support requests through JIRA.
- This is only for users needing access to a Distribution site
- This training is mandatory for all new users before receiving access privileges. For more information on required training, please visit our Training FAQ page.
- If you are looking for training on news, which is not covered, please check out our Advanced Distribution Training: News 2.0.
- This training is conducted currently online only. Zoom information will be sent only to registrants on the day of the event.
- Please join the training promptly on time as a courtesy to the presenter and others that did join on time. 5 minutes after the training starts, it will be locked so others can't join. This is to avoid disruptions and allow the presenter to focus on the presentation rather than attendance.
- Runtime: Approximately 3 to 4 hours
- New Distribution Users: This is included in your project costs.
- Existing Distribution users: This is included in your annual costs.
Below you find the key subject areas that we'll be going over, along with links to any associated user guides.
- What is the Distribution
- Sandbox vs. Production
- Using the Distribution
- Create a page
- Add an embedded image
- Add an embedded video
- Using clear floats and divider lines
- Creating a draft
- Create a link
- Creating a button
- Upload and link to a PDF
- Link to an email
- Adding a page to a menu
- Publishing and Unpublishing
- Revert to an earlier revision
- Disabling a menu item
- Move a page to a different part of the site
- Structured Content
- Sitewide Alerts
- Advanced Site Builder Features Overview
- Featured Layouts
- Featured Content
- Group Events
- Resources and Support
- JIRA Training (Optional)
- Offered to individuals who need to create support requests
- Length: 5-10 minutes