Newsletters and Mailing Lists
What are Newsletter and Mailing Lists?
Newsletters and mailing lists are used to send out bulk emails with information, news, or updates related to your organization.
How Do I Create a Mailing List?
To create a mailing list you first need to establish that your newsletter or mailing list will not violate any HIPPA laws. If HIPPA complaint, you can create a newsletter or mailing list using a third-party service provider, or create a manually managed mailing list.
Because CUIMC is a medical center, you will need to be compliant with HIPAA laws. Any newsletter or mailing lists created using third-party services that collect personally identifiable information (PII) should not be used for patients, services, or organizations in which the primary business goals include patients. If you are unsure where you stand and need approval, please contact the Office of HIPAA Compliance.
Currently, you can create a mailing list using either a 3rd party service provider or by creating a manual mailing list your self.
3rd Party Service Providers
Currently the Distribution supports newsletter signups using structured content through the following:
Manual Mailing Lists
If you decide to create a newsletter manually, and not through a third-party service, you will need to comply with the CAN-SPAM Act. For more information, please refer to the FTC's CAN-SPAM Act: A Compliance Guide for Business page.
Any forms that collect PII or protected health information (PHI) should use Qualtrics, which is a HIPAA compliant application. Qualtrics is free and available to all faculty, staff, and students at CUIMC. For more information, please visit CUIMC IT's Qualtrics Online Survey Platform page.
Adding a Mailing List to Your Site
To create a mailing list signup using one of our approved third-party service providers, please follow these steps:
- Create your signup form using one of our approved third-party service providers.
- Once you have your mailing list form setup, you'll need to add the embed code to a page. To do so, find your designated page and click "Edit."
- Click on "Body" and you will notice Structured Content right below the Body field.
- Once you find the Content Item Type list chose Mailing List from the drop-down.
- Once clicked you will see the Mailing List Structured Content Item
- Paste your embed code into the Mailing List Embed field.
- Once completed, click "Save."